The Rogers Academy has entered new territory. There are no elementary age children anymore. There is a high school junior, a 7th grader , and a 6th grader. Sniff, sniff. It’s kinda sad and exciting at the same time. Lots of independent work happening here. We spent the last half of last school year working on the habit of independent study. This frees up time for field trips , service opportunities and the few together lessons that we still must do.
I have always subscribed to the theory that you teach to the oldest child’s level. Meaning that for these lessons, I will teach high school level. The littles will glean information from them , just not as much as Logan. I do not expect the littles to do all the assignments that are expected of Logan but they are certainly able to listen and join in as able.
Our together lessons:
- Marine Biology Chalk Pastels from Hodgepodge Mom
- nature via The Outdoor Hour Challenge
- music appreciation/hymn study
- Bible time via The Bible Road Trip Notebook
- Plutarch Lives, I, Theseus and Romulus. Lycurgus and Numa. Solon and Publicola (Loeb Classical Library®) (Volume I)
- Henry IV , Parts One and Two(No Fear Shakespeare)
- The Merry Wives of Windsor In Plain and Simple English: A Modern Translation and the Original Version
- Read a loud time
- Spanish with SPANISH in 10 minutes a day® with CD-ROM and Spanish for You!
- Latin with Song School Latin and Latin: First Year (Henle Latin)
That’s it! Lots and lots of field trips of course! That’s enough to keep us busy for a while! It’s exciting to start a new year with new studies. What are you planning?
There are affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them you help fund our field trip obsessions in the Rogers Academy! We appreciate all that you do for us!