There are few things that have remained consistently the same over the years here in Autismland. Dinosaurs, animal documentaries and Pokemon have never gone by the wayside like Blue’s Clues and Thomas the Tank Engine. The move to Arizona helped us engage him in his love for dinosaurs. The invention of Pokemon Go! a few years ago has turned many people into Pokemon lovers. Why not celebrate the Pokemon lover in your life with a fun but easy to make Pokeball pizza? It’s a great way to celebrate Pokemon Day on February 27th each year! Your kids will be impressed that you know that fact. It’s called Pokemon Day because it was the release day of the first Pokemon game. No better day to serve Pokeball pizza than that!
- Gluten Free Pizza dough, homemade or store-bought (homemade is going to be your most frugal option)
- Gluten Free Pizza sauce, homemade or store-bought (when tomatoes are in season make a bunch of pizza sauce and can it for later. Don’t know how to can? Skill Trek can teach you!)
- Mozzarella cheese, about 3 cups
- Gluten Free Pepperoni
- Sliced black olives, about ¼ cup
- Mix pizza dough if using mix. Allow to rest for 20-30 minutes for the rice flour to absorb the liquid.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out pizza dough on a lightly floured surface or pastry mat into a circle.
- Place shaped dough on parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for about 5 minutes.
- Remove pizza dough from oven and add sauce, mozzarella cheese, black olives, and pepperoni.
- Return to oven and bake an additional 5 to 8 minutes, depending on the thickness of your dough and desired doneness.
Want to get ahead of the curve for next time you want mom of the year? Make several all the way up to the cooking step then cover in plastic wrap and freeze. All you will need to do is thaw or throw in the oven frozen (after removing the plastic wrap of course) and cook. It’s easier if it ‘s thawed so the cheese doesn’t burn. You will get dinner done quickly while your Pokemon lover gets to feel special. You don’t need a special occasion to make Pokeball pizza. Make it simply because it’s a Tuesday and you can’t eat one more taco.
Cup 4 Cup – Gluten Free Pizza Crust Baking Mix – 25 Lb BagSchar Gluten Free Pizza Crusts, 10.6 OunceClassico Traditional Pizza Sauce, Gluten Free, 14 ozPearls Olives To Go! 1.2 oz. Large Ripe Pitted Black Olives, 24-CupsVermont Smoke & Cure Uncured Gluten Free, Smoked Pepperoni, 6 Ounce Pepperoni, 3 CountHORMEL PEPPERONI ORIGINAL MINI’S 5 OZSchtark Super Kosher Mozzarella and Pizza Shred Cheese Combo, 8 Ounce (Pack of 4)Pokemon Poke Ball Pizza CutterLodge P14P3 Pro-Logic Cast Iron Pizza Pan, 14-inch, BlackParchment Paper Baking Sheets by Baker’s Dream | Precut Non-Stick & Unbleached – Will Not Curl or Burn – Non-Toxic & Comes in Convenient Packaging – 12×16 Inch Pack of 120Non-slip Silicone Pastry Mat Extra Large with Measurements 28”By 20” for Silicone Baking Mat, Counter Mat, Dough Rolling Mat,Oven Liner,Fondant/Pie Crust Mat By Folksy Super Kitchen (2028, red)