This month, take some time to do some autism action.
- This can take the form of calling or writing your congressman and demanding that insurance start paying for therapy.
- It could be bringing dinner to a family with autism that you know.
- Know a family at church with a child with autism? Walk up and tell them that you admire them for all they do.
- Offer to sit with the child during service.
- Attend an autism walk.
- Donate money to NAA or Lend4health or Taca.
- All organizations that directly help families.
- Contact Autism Speaks and ask them to spend less money on studies that have already been done and more on helping families.
Leave me a comment and let me know what action you are taking this month. I’ll keep you updated on my actions. I love this shot of Logan because it reminds me of how far he has come to get out of his shell of autism. He no longer fits in that shell. Wow!