Some nights you just want to stay in, even for a date. A cold, rainy night may leave you wanting to snuggle up and avoid leaving the house for anything. Maybe you were lucky enough to get a babysitter but she cancelled at the last minute leaving you unable to go out. Maybe there is no babysitter in sight thanks to autism. Lack of a babysitter should not mean lack of time with your spouse. Let’s honor that feeling of cozy nights with 5 great stay-home date ideas.
Spending quality time together is essential to a healthy relationship. Whether you’re a newlywed or you’ve been together 20 years, you’ll appreciate these ideas that are both inexpensive and enjoyable. Stay-home dates are a wonderful way to spend quality time together, reconnect, and not have to go out.
5 Great Stay At Home Date Night Ideas
- Skip the Wine and Cheese . . . Enjoy a Chocolate Tasting. You’ll need to plan ahead a little, but head to your favorite chocolate shop and fill your basket with a variety of flavors and fillings. Or make chocolate fondue and serve it up with your favorite fruits, cakes and cookies. Chocolate covered Twinkies anyone?
- Go on a picnic. Whether you’re out in your back yard or in your living room, a picnic is always a good idea. Make some sandwiches or fried chicken. Open a nice bottle of wine. Light a few candles and put on some romantic music; it’s a great way to enjoy the evening. Order from Bootler and have it delivered if you don’t want to cook then eat together after the kids are in bed.
- Cook Together. Get adventurous and try a new dish. Pick something you’ve never cooked before but have always wanted to try. Order a HelloFresh box to make together.. If you’re more of a baker, you could try baking a cake or a sheet of cookies from scratch. Turn up the music and buzz around the kitchen together, enjoy a bottle of wine and consume your creations.
- Play “Would You Rather?” What a great way to learn more about your sweetie. Thought you knew everything there was to know? Think again. Create a list of crazy question to ask each other. For instance, would you rather win the lottery or end hunger? What “would you rather” questions can you think of?
- Enjoy a theme night! Choose a theme and plan your evening around it. For instance, an Italian theme night might include lasagna and gelato. Rent a movie like The Italian Job and snuggle up on the couch. Some other fun theme ideas might include: Mexican, Asian, Christmas, and Retro.
I hope these ideas have inspired you to plan a stay-home date night and think of other date night possibilities. You don’t need to leave the house in order to spend time with your spouse. You just have to think out of the box in addition to making it a priority.
What was the last date night you had with your spouse?